By participating in the Forum maintained by WETT, whether by sending, receiving or reading messages, or being involved in the Forum in any other manner, I agree to the following:
- I will not post or disseminate any material that is defamatory or otherwise actionable;
- I acknowledge that it would be impractical and undesirable for the Forum to be moderated, censored or controlled by WETT, its employees, officers or directors or any other third party. I agree that I will therefore be solely responsible for the contents of any message I post or information I disseminate, and agree that I am not relying on WETT or any other person to monitor, edit or control the content that I choose to post or disseminate; (see point 8)
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to confirm any advice given on the discussion Forum by consulting the relevant codes, standards and manufacturers’ installation manuals;
- I will hold WETT, and its directors, officers, members, employees, agents and service- providers (collectively, ”WETT”) harmless and will fully indemnify WETT in respect of any legal demands, proceedings or claims, brought against WETT by any party, including but not limited to indemnifying WETT for all legal costs on a full indemnity basis incurred in responding to or dealing with any such claim or demand, (a) in respect of any message I send, re-send or disseminate, or (b) which arise from a failure on my part to verify any advice given on the Forum by consulting relevant codes, standards and manufacturers’ installation manuals;
- I will not institute legal proceedings of any type against WETT or any of its directors, officers, members, employees, agents and service-providers, in respect of any message that is published on the Forum;
- I will not institute legal proceedings of any type against any member of WETT in respect of any content that is published on the Forum except, and only to the extent it is necessary, to enforce the indemnification provisions set out in paragraph 4 above;
- I will abide by the Code of Conduct
- I acknowledge that WETT has the authority to flag, remove content, block postings and suspend access to the Forum if the Code of Conduct is breeched in any way.
- To participate in the Forum your application must include your first and last name as identifiers, location, username must not denote any form of authority within the WETT organization as determined by the administrator;
- The Forum is meant solely for: discussion about issues and inquiries relevant to the safe and effective use and installation of wood-burning products in Canada. The Forum is not a means to advertise or promote any individuals’ or organizations’ own services or products for sale;
- Personal attacks on other members are not permitted;
- Comments, posting or statements made should be relevant to the thread subject.
- Inquiries about specific manufacturers and their respective products are permitted;
- Inquiries with respect to obtaining recommendations regarding manufacturers and their respective products are permitted;
- Any discussion about price comparison of products or services should be made directly to the inquiring member.
- Job postings, notices, and offering of services related to industry work are permitted on the Forum but replies to these inquiries must be made directly to the member offering the position(s);
- Members shall not incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or to participate in unlawful activities;
- Members are prohibited from “spamming” (the sending of unsolicited or junk email to Forum users). This includes offering any products or services;
- Non-WETT events and publications or materials may be promoted on the Forum with email approval from the Executive Director of WETT;
- Members shall only utilize language that would be considered appropriate when addressing a public group. Profanity, swearing, or name-calling is absolutely prohibited;
Members are encouraged to avoid posts that are not of assistance to the discussions (e.g. “agreed”, “please reply all”, “test”, jokes, etc.) and/or not of relevance to the other members of the Forum;
- Members are expected to consider whether or not a post is of interest or relevance to the entire membership before posting items to the forum or when using the “reply-all” function;
- Members shall not post on behalf of non-members of WETT.
- Individual members shall not post on behalf of the WETT Board nor its committees without express permission from WETT.
WETT reserves the right to terminate, access to the online discussion forum by any member who does not abide by the Codes of Conduct and Conditions of Use for the Forum.
- Offensive material sent to WETT National office. WETT warns poster to remove offensive post within 24 hours. If not removed within 24 hours, WETT will remove the post and suspend poster for 2 weeks.
- Second occurrence will result in 2 week suspension of forum privileges
- Third occurrence = 2 months
- 4th = 1 year.
- 5th = offenses will results in permanent suspension of Forum privileges
Prohibited conduct for the Forum includes:
- Members shall not falsely impersonate anyone;
- Postings that may be libellous or defamatory;
- Postings that are racist, homophobic, sexist, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted or derogatory remarks or jokes that are likely to be offensive to other people;
- Postings that are threatening, injurious, bullying, or which may constitute or further any criminal offence;
- Postings that are inappropriate to the professional objectives of the Forum;
- Postings that involve name calling and/or abusive conduct;
- Postings that could be harmful to the reputation of WETT; however, this does not include criticisms of the WETT organization.
See Prohibited Conduct above
- WETT may, in its discretion, suspend or give a member notice that their rights in regard to the Forum may be suspended or impose conditions on any member’s privileges for
- Any breaches of the Conditions of Use or Codes of Conduct and provide the user the opportunity to show good reason why such a penalty should not be imposed. A decision regarding such a penalty shall be made by the WETT Communications Committee (which will be approved by the WETT Board of Directors). There will be no reasons for the final decision given and no appeal of that finding. The decision of the WETT Board of Directors is final.
- The Forum is meant solely for: discussion about issues and inquiries relevant to the safe and effective use of wood-burning products in Canada.
- The Forum is not a means to advertise or promote any individuals’ or organizations services and products. WETT Inc. does not in any way endorse the use of any particular brands or products. Opinions posted on the Forum are that of the WETT Member only and their affiliations should be considered with their comments.
- WETT Inc. has made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided on this site. The posts submitted to the WETT Forum are those of the member author and may not necessarily represent the opinions of, or instructions provided by WETT Inc., or reflect your interpretation/application of the Code or Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for your local area. Challenges to Code interpretations should be stated in a professional manner and are to be supported by facts. Harassment and derogatory comments will not be tolerated.
- Questions that result from content submitted to the WETT Forum should be brought to the attention of the WETT office to address.